STUDENT MANUAL LAYOUT PREVIEW 2012/13
Back to C12099
This field identifies the campus with which a student instance is associated
|Applicable to||England Northern Ireland Scotland Wales |
|Base data type||xs:string|
To allow breakdown by campus, and hence geographical location of study, for multi-campus institutions.
The criteria for assessing whether a campus identifier is appropriate are as follows:
- A separate campus identifier should be used if a substantial number of students are studying on a campus at a substantial distance from where the main institution is based, such that it would be regarded as not being in the same city/town. Greater London can be treated as a single location. This is to facilitate analysis of geographic patterns of study.
- A separate campus identifier should be used when a merger takes place, to identify any merged institutions as separate campuses if they fit the criteria specified.
- Campus identifiers can only be used where a student can be associated with a single site. It is recognised that because of the flexibility of study patterns adopted by some institutions, it will be impossible to say categorically that some students are assigned to a particular campus.
- Although this field is compulsory, in the majority of cases, it will default to the generic value A indicating the entire institution or main campus.
- HEFCE expect separate campus identifiers for any part of the institution funded separately e.g. within 0151 London University (Institutes and activities)
An institution that wishes separately to identify campuses may do so by using any alphanumeric character except for A in this field. Only those CAMPID codes submitted to HESA as part of the Campus Information System can be returned in this field.
Contact Institutional Liaison: email@example.com
, tel 01242 211144