Our Impact and Strategy
Our Impact Reports demonstrate the work that we’ve done over the last year to fulfil our mission of supporting the UK higher education (HE) sector.
As the first of the Corporate Strategy period our 2017 Report details the progress that we have made against this strategy.
Our Strategy aims to ensure that we provide the right information to the right people at the right time.
We want to make sure our data and analytical services can improve decision making, increase efficiency, and promote public trust.
We will do this by:
- Making our systems and services more efficient, agile, and responsive.
- Continuously developing our digital skills and services.
- Making our data and analytical expertise as widely available as possible.
- Working in partnership with other organisations in the UK higher education (HE) sector.
We have four strategic aims for the next five years:
Our top priorities 2017-18
- Increase our efficiency in delivering our existing collections.
- Review HESA data collections within the context of the new co-regulated governance framework.
- Support the on-boarding of new subscribers to HESA.
- Deliver the Data Futures' Alpha pilot.
- Develop and procure a single DLHE survey – Graduate Outcomes.
- Prepare HE providers and data customers for the data capability requirements to successfully deliver the Data Futures programme through guidance, training, and consultancy.
- Define our role and broaden relationships within the new regulatory landscape for UK higher and further education, including establishing our relationships with the new statutory customers.
- Deliver the requirements for the DFE consultation.
- Ensure changes to governance and new Articles of Association are in place.
- Review our subscription model in line with requirements of the Designated Data Body.
- Diversify our revenue streams to increase our income from Public Purpose customers and Commercial customers.
- Increase our high-value data driven insight services and products.
- Compliance with developments in the data legislation landscape, including enforcing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Digital Economy Bill.
- Demarcate our statutory, commercial, and corporate governance functions and activities more clearly.
- Implement changes to HESA operational model and processes.
- Develop the capability of our staff and our ability to deploy resource more flexibly.