National user group: Terms of reference
The National user group has agreed the following terms of reference:
- Facilitate ongoing interaction between HESA, relevant professional groups and providers across the UK higher education sector.
- Identify and promulgate good practice in the sector with regards to the HESA data collections, in order to enhance data quality and reduce burden.
- Advise HESA on its strategic direction and the development of information and analytical services, user support and the training it offers providers.
- Consider how the different HESA data collections impact on each other in order to co-ordinate inputs in providers and the opportunities for cross-data access and business intelligence.
- Consider requests for data made to providers from all sources and the place of HESA in this context, in order to rationalise data collection and data management for providers.
- Consider opportunities to increase the exploitation of HESA's strategic information and knowledge base and the potential for HESA to provide analysis and expertise to the HE community.
- Make recommendations through appropriate channels to HESA Board or HESA's statutory customers with regards to the collection and use of HESA data.