Skip to main content

HESA Student Record 2012/13 - Proportion of funding remaining

Back to C12051

HESA Student Record 2012/13

All fields

Proportion of funding remaining

return to field list

This field identifies the proportion of on-programme funding to which the learner is entitled for this aim.

Applicable toEngland

All instances at institutions in England where Instance.FESTUMK = 1 or 3 and Instance.REDUCEDI = 00 or 01 and Instance.AIMTYPE = 2, 3 or 4 and Instance.FUNDMODEL = 21, 22 or 45


For 2012/13, this field must be completed for OLASS funded learning aims for adults which are funded by the Skills Funding Agency.

Full on-programme funding

Where full on-programme funding is being claimed the value of 100 must be recorded.

No on-programme funding

Where no on-programme funding is being claimed for the aim a value of 0 must be recorded.

Reduced on-programme funding

Providers should refer to the funding guidance documentation for detailed guidance on when reduced on-programme funding should be claimed. In all cases this is because only part of the aim is being delivered. Examples include, learners who restart their learning aims after a break in learning, who have transferred from another provider or contract or who have significant prior learning and are not entitled to the full funding for the aim.

Where reduced funding is being claimed, the proportion of funding being claimed for this aim as a percentage of the total funding for the aim should be entered in this field.

Note that entries in this field will only reduce the on programme element of funding, achievement funding is unaffected by this field.

This field is not to be used to vary the funding rate claimed. It is not designed for this purpose and consequently its use for this purpose would result in unexpected funding results.

Further guidance on recording restarts and transfers is given in the provider support manuals.

A three digit number in range 0 to 100 is allowed for this field.


A learner starts a learning aim for the first time. The entry in this field will be 100 and 100% of the on programme funding will be generated.

A main aim qualification as part of an Apprenticeship funded at £1200 would be paid £900 in on-programme payments and £300 on achievement. If the funding received for the learner when they went on a break in learning was £600 then they would have received 67% of the on-programme funding. Therefore when the learner returns the provider must enter the value 33 in this field to ensure that only the remaining 33% of the monthly instalments are paid. This is because this field only affects the on-programme payments and not the achievement payment.

Quality rules
Quality rules relating to this field are displayed here.
Reason required

To allow correct calculation of funding for learners who are not entitled to full on-programme funding for the learning aim.

Part of
Field length3
Minimum occurrences0
Maximum occurrences1
Schema components
OwnerThe Data Service
Date modified2013-04-30
Change management notesBusiness rules 1, 2 and 3 added to enforce coverage of new field.

Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.