Estates management record 2014/15
This section is an introduction and overview of the Estates management record collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
New to HESA or having problems?
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Provided in PDF format
- Calculated data items - A list of the data items that are automatically calculated in the webform
- Mandatory data items - A list of the data items that are required for a valid return
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Commercial space - Guidance on commercial space
- Gross Internal Area (GIA) and Net Internal Area (NIA) - Guidance on both GIA and NIA, as well as the difference between them
- Ratio definitions - A list of the ratios produced by HESA together with a description of how they are calculated
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Estates management collection
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Quality rules web page - FAQ - A guide which discusses the process of viewing the quality rules
- Nil return sign-off form - The form to be submitted to HESA when the higher education provider will not be returning Estates management record data
- Non-functional template - A spreadsheet that can be populated with data prior to submission
- Process diagram - A diagram summarising the process for submitting data to HESA
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.