Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education record 2016/17
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2016/17 DLHE collection, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure in May 2017. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2018-02-09 Coding manual release - version 1.9
2018-02-01 Coding manual release - version 1.8
Version 1.8 includes:
- The 'Derived field specifications' under the 'Data specification' section.
- The 'File structures for downloadable files' for Data supply, Data supply SIC, Unistats DLHE and Match report under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' heading.
- Also included in this release are 'The Central coding of SIC' process document under 'Further guidance' heading and a link to the Fixed database facility under heading 'Submission process and quality assurance'.
2017-11-03 Coding manual release - version 1.7
Version 1.7 includes the revised versions of the Questionnaires for the January 2018 survey.
2017-10-26 Coding manual release - version 1.6
Version 1.6 of the coding manual includes HESA XML data entry tool and accompanying guidance How to use the HESA XML data entry tool to assist HEPs in producing XML data in the format required for submission.
It also includes the following:
- A link to the 2016/17 Student record Unistats within the File structure for downloadable files
- The Validation kit
- A 'roll on' of the Quality rules from the previous 2015/16 collection
- Employment.NHSORG is now required 'To be asked of a third party'.
2017-09-13 Coding manual release - version 1.5
Version 1.5 of the coding manual includes:
Under 'Information specific to the collection' section
- First release of the Questionnaires and the Text for covering letters and emails for the January 2018 survey in English and Welsh
- Link to the DLHE survey population file has been added to the File structures for downloadable files
2017-04-28 Coding manual release - version 1.4
The Online DLHE file layout document has been updated to include the new fields available for the telephone survey output.
2017-03-02 Coding manual release - version 1.3
The full technical specification of the record for the 2016/17 reporting period has been released. Also included in this manual are the Data collection schedule, the Questionnaires and Text for covering letters and emails for the April survey.
This release also includes an updated 'Data items required for valid response' table to accommodate changes to TYPEQUAL as this data field is required for a valid response.
2017-02-08 Coding manual release - version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes the full technical specification of the record for the 2016/17 reporting period. The schema, field specifications, valid entries, and guidance are all now available.
As announced in the 2016/17 Notification of changes the following changes have been included in this release:
- The question numbers which relate to data items have been reconciled throughout the manual due to Q14. Employement.NHSORG being added.
- The question relating to Study.COURSENAME now includes the census date.
- Study.TYPEQUAL minimum occurrence has been increased to 1 and valid entry 3 has been changed to include PGDE to represent Scottish teaching qualifications.
- New valid entries have been added to Study.JACS to assist HE providers in the return of subject information and to align with the HESA Student record.
2016-12-01 Coding manual release - version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes:
The first issue of Online DLHE file layout linked from 'File structures for downloadable files' under 'Submission process and quality assurance'.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.