Back to C17051
Fields required from institutions in All fields
Planned learning hours
return to field list
This field records the total planned timetabled hours for learning activities for the reporting year.
|Applicable to||England |
All instances at providers in England where (Instance.FESTUMK = 1, 3, 4 or 5, and Instance.REDUCEDI = 00 or 01 and Instance.FUNDMODEL = 10, 25, 35, 81, 82 or 99) unless Instance.PROGTYPE = 20, 21, 22, 23 or 25.
A value in the range 0 to 9999 hours (to the nearest whole hour) should be returned.
This field does not need to be returned for learners undertaking only apprenticeships or only ESF funded learning.
- This is an annual field: this field must be updated at the start of each teaching year.
- The hours collected in this field are the planned hours for the learner for the teaching year.
- This field is only collected where active learning is present during the year.
- If a learner has learning aims that are both 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funded and Adult Skills funded during a single teaching year then only the planned hours for the 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funded learning are recorded in this field.
- A value of zero (0) is only returned if the learner is 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funded and only participating in employability, enrichment and pastoral activities during the year.
16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funded learners
- This field should be completed with the total planned timetabled hours spent on DfE approved qualifications only (see the 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funding documentation for further information).
- Other timetabled hours for non-qualification activity that make up a study programme for a learner with learning aims, should be recorded in the Planned employability, enrichment and pastoral hours field. The total of both hours fields are used to determine the full or part-time funding rate for the learner.
- Timetabled hours for learning aims that are not funded by the 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) must not be included in the total number of hours recorded in this field.
- Planned learning hours must be finalised and confirmed as correct within the funding qualifying period (as defined in the funding documentation). By the end of the qualifying period it is important to ensure that the planned hours reflect, as accurately as possible, the timetabled activity the learner is planning to undertake for the duration of the teaching year.
- No changes are permitted to the data in this field after this time apart from to correct data entered in error.
Adult Skills funded learners / Non-funded learners
This field should be completed with the total planned timetabled contact hours for the learner for the year. All learning aims (both funded and non-funded) apart from those that are part of an apprenticeship programme or ESF funded should be included in the total number of hours recorded in this field. This includes aims that are not accredited qualifications and aims that are financed by an Advanced Learner Loan.
Where a learner progresses to subsequent learning in the same teaching year, then the value in this field can be updated to reflect the total planned hours for the learner for the year.
Quality rules relating to this field are displayed here
|Owner||Information Management Services (including the Data Service and Learning Records Service)|
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.