Aggregate Offshore record 2017/18 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2017/18 Aggregate offshore, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2018-04-18 Manual release - Version 1.2
As of the 1st April 2018 the Office for Students replaced HEFCE, therefore any mention of HEFCE has been removed and replaced.
The following documentation has been added to the manual:
- The link to download the validation kit,
- The HESA XML data entry tool and associated guidance,
- The Quality rules index page,
- The Validation overview,
- The Credibility reporting definitions.
First release of the Derived field specifications for this collection, added under the 'Data specification' section. These have been formatted as html rather than a Zip file to aid accessibility and allow individual fields to be bookmarked. In addition, revision histories are included for each field to allow for analysis of changes over time. It is the intention of HESA to publish derived fields in this format for all coding manuals from 2017/18 collections onwards.
The nil-return sign off form has also been added for providers with no offshore provision.
2017-10-31 Manual release - Version 1.1
The following documentation has been added:
Six label changes to valid entries in Provision.COUNTRY, removing HESA guidance from the labels.
2017-09-05 Manual release - Version 1.0
This release includes the first release of Aggregate offshore 2017/18 coding manual to publicise that there are no known changes to the record for this year.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.