Estates management record 2018/19 - Notification log
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-01-30 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
The following fields have had their guidance updated to align heads with the HESA and Office for Students Finance templates:
2019-10-23 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
The following documentation has been added to the coding manual within Version 1.1:
- The Calculated data items containing a list of the data items that are automatically calculated in the webform.
- The Derived field specifications applied by HESA to Estates management record data.
- The Fixed database facility describing the process for submitting corrected data to HESA once the Estates management collection has closed.
- The Nil return sign-off form that must be submitted to HESA when the higher education provider will not be returning Estates management record data.
- The Non functional template.
- The Quality rules which enforce the quality of the submitted data.
- The Ratio definitions containing a list of the ratios produced by HESA together with a description of how they are calculated.
The Data quality checking period within the Data collection schedule has been amended to 28th February 2020 - 20th March 2020.
2019-09-09 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes the full technical specification of the record for the 2018/19 reporting period. The schema, field specifications, valid entries, and guidance are all now available.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.