Initial Teacher Training record 2018/19
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2018/19 Initial Teacher Training record, starting with the publication of known changes to the record all the way through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual releases: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2018-12-12 Coding manual release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 of the coding manual includes the following:
The coverage statements have been updated for both Student.SDLEAD and Student.SDEMPLOY to include Student.ENTRYRTE code 10.
2018-10-05 Coding manual release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 of the coding manual includes the following:
The Data collection schedule has been amended at the request of the Department for Education. The sign off required date on TTP has changed to the 2nd November.
2018-07-16 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes the following:
The Quality rules and Validation kit have been added under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' section, allowing for quality checks to be carried out locally.
Additional guidance has been added to Student.BURSLEV to illustrate when the Service Leaver bursary will be paid to eligible trainees during their programme.
2018-05-02 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes the full technical specification of the record for the 2018/19 reporting period. The schema, field specifications, valid entries, and guidance are all now available.
As of the 1st April 2018 the NCTL changed to the DfE therefore any reference to the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) has been removed and replaced.
As announced in the 2018/19 Notification of changes the following changes have been included in this release:
- Valid entry changes have been made to Student.BURSLEV, Student.INITIATIVES, Student.ITTSCHMS, and Student.ENTRYRTE.
- New entity Placement has been added for the 2018/19 collection with the following fields to align with the Student record:
- Two new fields have been added Student.PGAPPSTDT and Student.SERLEAVE as announced in the 2018/19 Notification of changes.
2018-02-07 Communication - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual publicises changes for the 2018/19 ITT record.
This communication summarises the agreed record changes for 2018/19.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.