Graduate Outcomes Survey Results record 2018/19 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2018/19 Graduate Outcomes collection. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-09-01 Coding Manual Release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 includes the following change:
- SALARY: Question wording updated to match survey for cohort D.
2020-07-23 Coding Manual Release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 includes the following changes:
- Graduate Outcomes Survey Results record 2018/19 - SIC and SOC data supply file structure of the report has been updated to match supply for 18072 and a download file containing SOC2020 codes has been released.
- Graduate Outcomes Survey Results record 2018/19 - Data supply file structure of the report has been updated to match supply for 18072.
- 'Required for valid response' has been updated from 'yes' to 'no' for the field PREVUCNAME_OTHER.
- Valid entries have been updated for RECID.
- Introduction to the Graduate Outcomes provider portal e-learning training published under 'Process and quality assurance'.
2020-04-07 Coding Manual Release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 includes the following changes:
- The survey questions relating to the following have been updated to improve clarity for all cohorts in the c18071/2 collection: ACTCHECK, ACTMEAN, ACTONTRACK, ACTSKILLS, BUSEMPINTENSITY, COLLSUBDIFF, CONSTART01, CONSTART02, EMPMONTH, EMPPCODE, EMPPCODE_UNKNOWN, EMPYEAR, FTPREVEMP, FURSTU, PREVCOURSENUM, PREVJOBNUM, RECPROV and YEARWORK.
- The survey question response option(s) to the following have been updated to improve clarity for all cohorts in the c18071/2 collection: BUSJOBRSNALL2, BUSJOBRSNALL3, BUSJOBRSNALL6, BUSJOBRSNALL7, BUSJOBRSNMAIN and OTHRRSCHDEG5.
- Field length of EMPCURRENCY has been increased from 2 to 3 to match data supply.
- Guidance on use of raw survey data updated.
2020-02-26 Coding Manual Release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 includes the following changes:
- Guidance to provide more clarification regarding SIC/SOC coding has been added to: BUSEMPDUTIES, BUSEMPNAME, BUSEMPPCODE, BUSEMPPLOC, BUSJOBDUTIES, BUSJOBTITLE, EMPDUTIES, EMPNAME, EMPPCODE, EMPPLOC, JOBDUTIES, JOBTITLE, QUALREQ.
- The coverage has been amended for Employment.SALARY and Graduate.CONSTART03.
- Field length has been updated for BUSEMPCOUNTRY, EMPCOUNTRY, HOMECOUNTRY and STUCOUNTRY has been amended to a length of 5.
- Valid entries have been updated for MRSCHDEG.
- Introduction to the C18072 Survey Results record e-learning has been added to the manual.
2019-12-04 Coding Manual Release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes the full technical specification of the record, along with supporting documentation for the 2018/19 reporting period. This release also includes the data fields specifications, valid entries and survey questions along with the file structures for downloadable fields including Data supply and SIC and SOC data supply.
Version 1.0 includes the following changes:
- Coverage updates for Graduate.CONSTART01, PreviousActivity.FTPREVEMP, Employment.EMPCOUNTRY, SelfEmpBusinessPortfolio.BUSEMPCOUNTRY
- New valid entries for EmploymentEMPPLOC, SelfEmpBusinessPortfolio.BUSEMPPLOC
- Removal of valid entries for Employment.EMPCURRENCY, Employment.EMPINTENSITY, SelfEmpBusinessPortfolio.BUSEMPINTENSITY and Study.STUINTENSITY
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.