Staff record 2019/20 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2019/20 Staff record, starting with the publication of known changes to the record in November 2019 all the way through to collection closure in November 2020. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-10-20 Coding manual release - Version 1.6
Version 1.6 includes the following:
- The section 'REF Data supply' has been removed from File structures for downloadable files.
2020-09-15 Coding manual release - Version 1.5
Version 1.5 includes the following:
- An update to the Data Collection Schedule
2020-08-24 Coding manual release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 includes the following:
- Guidance update for Person.PREVEMP,
- The document for Clinical academic salary values,
- The document for Single pay spine has been added but has not been updated from last year due to ongoing disputes within the sector,
- A link to the Fixed database facility.
2020-07-01 Coding manual release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 includes the following:
- The addition of the Derived field specifications
- Revision of the Coverage of the record due to the Non Academics guidance document being added under the 'Further Guidance' section.
- Guidance updates for Contract.CAMPID, Governor.ENDGOV, Person.ACEMPFUM, Person.Contract
- Removal of the Quality Rules FAQ document.
2020-04-29 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 includes the following:
- Valid entry changes for Person.PARLEAVE and Contract.REFFTE
- Guidance updates for Person.STAFFID
- Description update for Contract.ECRSTAT
- Release of the File structures for downloadable files
- Updates to the Coverage of the record and Data collection schedule
2020-02-26 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 includes the following:
- Guidance updates for Person.ACTCHQUAL and Person.REFFTE
- Release of the Quality rules
- Release of the Validation kit
- Release of the HESA XML Data Entry Tool
- Release of the Amalgamation tool
- The data collection schedule has been updated to provide extra clarity about each stage of the submission process.
2019-11-21 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual publicises the agreed changes for the 2019/20 Staff record, along with the full technical specification, including schema, field specifications, valid entries and guidance, of the record for the 2019/20 reporting period.
Version 1.0 includes the following:
- New fields Contract.ECRSTAT and Contract.REFFTE have been introduced to aid the return of REF,
- The XSD has been updated so that fields are in alphabetical order,
- The Coverage of the record has been updated in reference to non academic staff,
- Coverage and guidance changes for Person.Contract, Contract.RESAST, Contract.SIGRES, Person.HQHELD, Person.REFUOA2021
- New valid entries and guidance for Person.ACTCHQUAL,
- Change to coding frame, guidance and maximum occurrences for Person.CURACCDIS
Please refer to the Revision history for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.