Finance record 2019/20 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2019/20 Finance collection, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-12-16 Manual release - version 1.1
This release of the coding manual includes the following:
- The C19031 Non-functional template has been added under the 'Downloadable files' section.
- The Derived field specifications have been added under the 'Downloadable files' section.
- Data collection schedule - Please note that additional guidance has been added regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guidance has been clarified in the Coverage of the record and Introduction.
- Additional items have been added under Number 5 External borrowing as a % of total income on the Key Financial Indicator (KFI) definitions page.
- Pages for Table 1 - Consolidated statement of comprehensive income, Table 2 - Consolidated statement of Financial Position and Table 3 - Consolidated statement of cash flows have been created.
- Further guidance has been added for Table 4 - Research grants and contracts, Table 5 - Tuition fees and education contracts, Table 6 - Income analysed by source (all providers), Table 7 - Expenditure by activity, Table 8 - Capital expenditure and Table 9 - Separately disclosed material items.
- Further guidance has been added for Table 6 - Funding body grants (country specific). Head 2 has also been added for Scotland.
- Further guidance has been added for Table 10 - Head of provider remuneration, Table 11 - Analysis of staff costs and Table 12 - Severance payments. Links have also been updated for HEFCW and DfENI - Accounts direction.
2020-08-18 Manual release - version 1.0
This is the first release of the coding manual, containing the following documentation:
- The full suite of table documentation,
- The Key Financial Indicator (KFI) definitions
The tables have been renumbered to reflect the removal of the Consolidated statement of changes in reserves from C18031 onward. Guidance updated for the C19031 collection for Table 4 columns 12, 13 and 14; Table 5 sub heading 6a and 6b; Table 6 sub heading 4a; Table 8 columns 2 and 8 and Table 11 (to clarify reporting of pension scheme costs).
Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.