HE-BCI record 2019/20 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2019/20 HE-BCI collection, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-07-31 Manual release - version 1.0
This is the first release of the manual, which includes the full suite of updated guidance for the 2019/20 collection.
Fundamentally, there are no significant changes since the 2018/19 collection, however clarifications have been made to the guidance where it was perceived to be unclear.
The Data collection schedule has been added, informing of the collection dates for the 2019/20 collection.
The Coverage of the record has been amended to clarify which providers are required to submit this record. Guidance has also been added to confirm the basic principles to consider when determining if an enterprise is an SME.
Guidance has been amended for the below fields:
- HE-BCI Part A guidance
- HE-BCI Part B Table 1 - Research related activities
- HE-BCI Part B Table 2 - Business and community services,
- HE-BCI Part B Table 4 - Intellectual property (IP),
- HE-BCI Part B Table 5 - Social, community and cultural engagement.
Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.