Provider Profile record 2019/20 - Notification log
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2019/20 Provider profile collection, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure in June 2020. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-04-17 Manual release - Version 1.4
Changes to Provider.Campus entity has been added.
Changes to the Provider.CAMPID field has been added.
The Coverage of the record general definition has been amended to add clarification guidance to which HEPs need to submit data. Guidance has also been amended to remove reference to staff and replace with students.
The 'Data collection schedule' has been amended to align with other HESA returns.
2020-02-13 Manual release - Version 1.3
Coverage and note changes have been made to the following entity:
The following documents have been added under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' heading:
- The HESA XML data entry tool
- The How to use the HESA XML data entry tool
- The Quality rules
- The Validation kit which allows quality checks to be run locally
Also, under 'Data specification' heading the following document has been added:
2019-12-04 Manual release - Version 1.2
The Coverage of the record general definition has been amended.
Release of the 'Data collection schedule', added under the 'Overview' section of the coding manual and the sign off date has been changed to the 22nd June 2020.
Coverage changes have been made to the following entity:
2019-07-17 Manual release - Version 1.1
The following changes to entities have been added:
- The Provider.COUNTRY,
2019-06-13 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes the full technical specification of the record for the 2019/20 reporting period. The schema, data fields and guidance are all now available.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.