Initial Teacher Training record 2019/20
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2019/20 Initial Teacher Training record, starting with the publication of known changes to the record all the way through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual releases: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-06-29 Coding manual release - Version 1.7
Version 1.7 of the coding manual includes:
An update to the Data collection schedule to add dates for the July updates.
2020-03-06 Coding manual release - Version 1.6
Version 1.6 of the coding manual includes:
An update to the Data collection schedule for the April collection.
2020-01-08 Coding manual release - Version 1.5
Version 1.5 of the coding manual includes:
The Data collection schedule for DfE updates has been amended.
2019-10-30 Coding manual release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 of the coding manual includes:
An update to the coverage for Student.SDEMPLOY to remove Student.ENTRYRTE 02.
2019-10-03 Coding manual release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 of the coding manual includes:
A guidance update for Student.BURSLEV following the change in coding frame from JACS to HECoS.
A change to the sign off required on TTP deadline to the 31st October 2019 within the Data collection schedule.
2019-07-18 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes:
A guidance update for CourseSubject.SBJCA stating that continuing students that started their course before 01 August 2019 can use code '100433 - sport and exercise sciences' as a primary specialism.The Quality rules and Validation kit have been added under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' section, allowing for quality checks to be carried out locally.
2019-05-23 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes:
CourseSubject.SBJCA has had '100433 - sport and exercise sciences' removed from the Primary Specialisms table in the guidance.
2019-04-24 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes:
The full technical specification of the record for the 2019/20 reporting period. The schema, field specifications, valid entries, and guidance are all now available.
As announced in the 2019/20 Notification of changes the following changes have been included in this release:
- CourseSubject.SBJCA and PreviousQualification.DEGSBJ have had their valid entries updated to HECoS along with their guidance.
- Student.DISABLE, Student.DISALL, Student.INITIATIVES, Student.ITTSCHMS and Student.NQTEMAIL have had guidance updates.
- Student.INITIATIVES has 2 new valid entries.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.