Provider Profile record 2020/21
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Provider Profile record
New to HESA or having problems?
Try the support guides or get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 388531.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C20041.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C20041DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C20041CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
Submission process and quality assurance
- HESA XML data entry tool - A program which will produce XML data in the format required for submission
- How to use the HESA XML data entry tool - Guidance on how to use the XML data entry tool
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Validation overview - A document describing quality checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows Business stage validation to be run locally
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login, to or register for a user account to access, the HESA data collection system
- Web reports - A guide to web reports and the checks contained within them
- File structures for downloadable files - A document describing the structure of data files which can be downloaded from the data collection system
- Further guidance on calculating proportions - Guidance on allocating a member of staff to an academic HESA cost centre
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.