Unistats record 2020/21
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items displayed by entity and the associated guidance
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C20061.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C20061DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C20061CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Unistats output schema - Schema for Unistats output files
Submission process and quality assurance
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- HESA XML data entry tool - A program which will produce XML data in the format required for submission
- How to use the HESA XML data entry tool - Guidance on how to use the XML data entry tool
- Nil return sign-off form - The form to be submitted to HESA when the provider will not be returning Unistats record data.
- Validation overview - A document describing quality checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Link to the downloadable validation kit, which allows business stage validation rules to be run locally
- Subcontractual and collaborative provision - Guidance to providers for the return of subcontractual and collaborative provision
- Data requirements for new courses - Identification of data requirements for a new Unistats course and how this expands over time
- Years to which fields relate - Summary of the year that the collected field relates
- Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs) and course accreditation - Information on accreditation in Unistats and processes for additions and changes to the list of accrediting bodies
- Accreditation information table - A list of valid accrediting bodies, valid entry ACCTYPES and associated accreditation type text and URLs
- List of KIS course aims - A list of valid entries and titles for KIS course qualifications
- Unistats dataset file structure and description - Describes the file structure of the dataset file
- Changes to Unistats dataset 2020-21 - Outlines the changes to the Unistats dataset.
Onward use of data
- Discover Uni widget user guide - a guide to using and embedding the Discover Uni widget
- Unistats dataset - Overview and download of the latest Unistats dataset on the HESA website
- Publication arrangements - Overview of how the Unistats dataset is used
- Linking to other datasets - Guidance on how to link courses returned to the collection with previously collected data including National Student Survey (NSS).
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.