Initial Teacher Training record 2021/22
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2021/22 Initial Teacher Training record, starting with the publication of known changes to the record all the way through to collection closure. Please refer to the revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual releases: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2022-12-15 Coding manual release - Version 1.6
Version 1.6 of the coding manual includes:
- The specification of file structures for downloadable files has been updated.
2022-11-16 Coding manual release - Version 1.5
Version 1.5 of the coding manual includes:
- The list of subjects eligible for the DfE bursary has been updated for Student.BURSLEV.
- Guidance has been updated for Student.HUSID, Student.NQTEMAIL and Student.SEXID.
- Valid entry label for provider 0232 has been updated for PreviousQualification.DEGEST.
2022-09-14 Coding manual release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 of the coding manual includes:
- Submission date has been updated in the data collection schedule.
- Guidance has been updated for Placement.PLMNTDYS and Student.TTCID.
2022-08-03 Coding manual release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 of the coding manual includes:
- The quality rules and validation kit have been added under the 'submission process and quality assurance' section, allowing for quality checks to be carried out locally.
- Valid entry label for provider 1061 has been updated for PreviousQualification.DEGEST.
- Guidance has been updated for Student.BURSLEV.
2022-06-28 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes:
- Publication of further guidance about returning DfE programmes (excluding EYITT).
- Guidance has been updated for the Placement entity and for the fields Placement.PLMNTDYS and Placement.PLMNTSCH to clarify when placement data should be returned.
2022-05-17 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes:
- The minimum occurrence for Student.EXPECTEDENDDATE has been amended from 1 to 0.
2022-04-21 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual publicises the agreed changes for the 2022/23 ITT record as specified in the notification of changes and the supplementary notification of changes, along with the full technical specification, including schema, field specifications, valid entries and guidance.
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes:
- The guidance for the coverage of the record has been updated.
- The C22053.xsd schema has been updated.
- New field Student.EXPECTEDENDDATE has been added for the C22053 collection.
- The maximum occurrences have been updated for the field Student.DISABLE.
- The field length has been modifed for the following fields: Student.COURSEID, Student.ETHNIC, Student.HUSID, Student.INITIATIVES, Student.ITTPHSC, Student.NUMHUS, Student.OWNSTU, Student.SEXID and Student.TTCID
- The valid entries have updated for the fields PreviousQualification.DEGEST, Student.BURSLEV, Student.DISABLE, Student.ENTRYRTE, Student.ETHNIC, Student.INITIATIVES, Student.ITTPHSC, Student.RSNEND, Student.SEXID and Student.TTCID.
- The guidance has been updated for the following fields CourseSubject.SBJCA, PreviousQualification.DEGTYPE, Student.BURSLEV, Student.DISABLE, Student.ENTRYRTE, Student.ETHNIC, Student.HUSID, Student.INITIATIVES, Student.ITTPHSC, Student.RSNEND, Student.SEXID, Student.TTCID and Student.YEARPRG.
- The field previous named Student.TREFNO has been renamed Student.TRN.
- The following fields that were part of the C21053 collection have been removed for the C22053 collection: PreviousQualification.BURSFLAG, PreviousQualification.DEGLENGTH, PreviousQualification.DEGSTDT, PreviousQualification.FIRSTDEG, Student.CRMODE, Student.DISALL, Student.DOMICILE, Student.NATIOND, Student.SERLEAVE, Student.SPLENGTH, Student.TITLE, Student.ULN, Student.UNITLGTH and Student.YEARSTU.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.