Student record - Data Futures
Information for Beta pilot participants
- Data Futures Beta pilot participants will need to refer to the Specification portal on the HESA data platform for the version of the specification to be submitted as part of the Beta pilot. This will be available when the Beta pilot launches.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record.
- Physical data model - Describes the data items included in the record and the relationships between them.
- Data dictionary - Directory of all data items collected, displayed by entity.
- XSD - Schema for the structure of the XML file.
- Quality rules - A preview of the rules that will be implemented in the HESA Data Platform.
Data specification guidance
- Areas for consideration - A list of the areas in the data model that are currently under review and are therefore subject to change.
- Backward mapping - Mapping from the Data Futures model to the current HESA Student/AP student/ITT models.
- Data migration overview - An overview of the data migration process and entity mapping.
- Deleting data in a continuous collection cycle - An overview of the intended approach to deleting data in an in-year return.
- HESA Data Platform expression syntax - An explanation of the syntax expressions used in derived fields.
- Understanding the data model - Guidance on viewing the data model including types of entity relationships'.
- Version control - The version numbering specification adopted by HESA.
HESA XML data entry tool
Additional support is available from our Data Futures - Resources section including:
- Key concepts - Important Data Futures concepts explained including reference periods, in scope periods and sign off.
- Glossary - A list of key terms to support understanding of the coding manual and the wider Data Futures project.
- FAQ - Common queries that have arisen during the Data Futures process.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.