Student record - Data Futures
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record.
- Physical data model - Describes the data items included in the record and the relationships between them.
- Data dictionary - Directory of all data items collected, displayed by entity.
- XSD - Schema for the structure of the XML file.
Data specification guidance
- Areas for consideration - A list of the areas in the data model that are currently under review and are therefore subject to change.
- Backward mapping - Mapping from the Data Futures model to the current HESA Student/AP student/ITT models.
- Data migration overview - An overview of the data migration process and entity mapping.
- Deleting data in a continuous collection cycle - An overview of the intended approach to deleting data in an in-year return.
- HESA Data Platform expression syntax - An explanation of the syntax expressions used in derived fields.
- Understanding the data model - Guidance on viewing the data model including types of entity relationships'.
- Version control - The version numbering specification adopted by HESA.
HESA XML data entry tool
- Additional support is available from our Data Futures - Resources section including:
- Key concepts - Important Data Futures concepts explained including reference periods, in scope periods and sign off.
- Glossary - A list of key terms to support understanding of the coding manual and the wider Data Futures project.
- FAQ - Common queries that have arisen during the Data Futures process.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.