Our strategy aims to ensure that we provide the right data to the right people at the right time. We want to make sure our data and information services can improve decision-making, increase efficiency, and promote public trust. We will do this by making our systems and services more efficient, agile, and responsive, by continuously developing our digital skills and services, by making our data and analytical expertise as widely available as possible, and by working in partnership with other organisations in the UK HE sector.
Our mission is to support the advancement of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating accurate and comprehensive statistical information in response to the needs of all those with an interest in its characteristics and a stake in its future.
Our aim is to be the analytical powerhouse for the UK HE sector, and the trusted source of national HE statistics and public information. We seek to provide flexible, efficient, high-quality data, information, and analytical services to meet user needs, to support better decision-making in higher education, to promote public trust and confidence, and to enhance the competitive strength of the UK HE sector.
- We are collecting data in-year, and delivering it to statutory customers, institutions, and decision-makers regularly and frequently.
- As much of our core data as possible is available as open data.
- We have reduced the burden of data collection on institutions.
- Our data is supplied to key decision‑makers when they need it, in the form they need it.
- We are working in formal partnerships, sharing services, if and where appropriate and developing new products and services with a range of organisations.
- We are operating more efficiently, with more resources dedicated to high‑value activities for our customers.
- All our operations are run from the Cloud.
We have four strategic aims in support of this vision: