Higher Education Statistics for the UK 2016/17
Higher Education Statistics for the UK serves as a quick reference guide to high-level data on all aspects of higher education in the UK.
This volume is published in a number of releases produced over the year. Tables including data collected by HESA are published as open data, and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence (CC BY 4.0).
As part of our Open Data Strategy, from 2019 the Higher Education Statistics for the UK publication will be replaced by interactive and machine-readable tables available via the data pages on the HESA website.
Student and qualifiers data
- Table G - All staff (excluding atypical) by academic employment marker and mode of employment
- Table H - Academic staff (excluding atypical) at HE providers by terms of employment, mode of employment, academic employment function and sex
- Table 14 - All staff (excluding atypical) by activity, source of basic salary, academic employment function, salary range, sex, location of HE provider and mode of employment
- Table 15 - Academic atypical staff by location of HE provider, sex and activity
Data is published by the Student Loans Company. Table numbers given below are those used by the SLC. SLC data remains under copyright of the SLC.
- Table 2: Summary of Awards for Student Support Applicants domiciled in England and EU (Outside UK) domiciled students studying in England 2010/11 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(i): Payments of Maintenance Loan to full time Students domiciled in England by Provider Type 2010/11 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(ii): Maintenance Loan Take Up by the estimated full time eligible population 2010/11 - 2016/17
- Table 2: Total number of and amount awarded to applicants domiciled in Wales for Student Support, and EU domiciled applicants studying in Wales awarded Tuition Fee Support 2013/14 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(i): Maintenance Loans paid to students domiciled in Wales 2013/14 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(ii): Maintenance Loan take-up by the estimated eligible population 2012/13 - 2016/17
- Table 2: Total Number and Amount Awarded to Northern Ireland domiciled applicants for Student Support 2012/13 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(i): Maintenance Loans paid to Northern Ireland domiciled students 2012/13 - 2016/17
- Table 4a(ii): Maintenance Loan take up by the estimated eligible population 2011/12 - 2016/17
The following tables comes from the OECD's Education at a Glance 2017 publication. Table numbers given below are those used by the OECD. OECD data remains under copyright of the OECD.
- Table A3.1: Distribution of tertiary graduates by field of study (2015)
- Table C1.2: Students enrolled as a percentage of the population between the ages of 15 and 20 (2005, 2015)
- Table C3.1: Share of new entrants to tertiary education, by field of education and gender (2015)
- Table I - Income and expenditure of HE providers
- Table 16 - Income of UK HE providers by source of income and location of HE provider
- Table 16a - Funding body grants income of UK HE providers by source of income and location of HE provider 2016/17
- Table 17 - Expenditure by type of expenditure and location of HE provider
ONS data will be made available here when it is released.
Destinations tables will be published here in July 2018.