What do HE students study?: Personal characteristics
In the tables below, use the buttons to show subject statistics by age, disability, ethnicity, sex or domicile. Note that ethnicity data is only collected for UK domiciled students.
This table shows, for UK domicile entrants, the highest qualification they held at the start of their course. Use the Subject of study drop-down to show the more detailed Principal subject breakdown.
Fewer than 1 in 5 Computer science and Engineering & technology students are female
HE Student Data pages
- Who's studying in HE?
- Where do HE students come from?
- Where do HE students study?
- What do HE students study?
- What are HE students' progression rates and qualifications?
- Contents of releases
- Historical data
- Information on staff, graduates and HE providers
- Widening participation - UK Performance Indicators 2016/17
- Higher Education Student Statistics: UK 2016/17 - Statistical First Release
- Higher Education Student Statistics: Alternative Providers, 2016/17 - Statistical First Release
- Custom data and analysis request form
Support and contacts
+44 (0) 1242 211 120, [email protected]
+44 (0) 1242 211 133, [email protected]
Can't find the information you want?
Our expert analysts can produce custom data extracts tailored to your needs.