What do HE students study?: Personal characteristics
In the tables below, use the buttons to show subject statistics by age, disability, ethnicity, sex or domicile. Note that ethnicity data is only collected for UK domiciled students.
This table shows, for UK domicile entrants, the highest qualification they held at the start of their course. Use the Subject of study drop-down to show the more detailed Principal subject breakdown.
HE Student Data pages
- Who's studying in HE?
- Where do HE students come from?
- Where do HE students study?
- What do HE students study?
- What are HE students' progression rates and qualifications?
- Contents of releases
Support and contacts
- Introduction to our data on HE students
- Pre-release access to official statistics
- Sign up for HESA Open data alerts
+44 (0) 1242 211 120, [email protected]
+44 (0) 1242 211 494, [email protected]
For Tailored Datasets visit Jisc's data analytics directorate: