What do HE students study?: Types of subjects and courses
This table shows the number of students studying for a Masters of Business Administration qualification. These courses usually last one year and are often popular with international students.
Students on a sandwich course are expected to take six months or more out of their course to undertake work experience or study abroad. This table shows the total numbers of students on undergraduate sandwich courses (not the number who were actually away from the HE provider during the academic year in question).
This table shows students on courses leading to teaching qualifications.
Initial Teacher Training students are studying Education with the view to become a qualified teacher.
44% of MBA students come from outside the UK.
HE Student Data pages
- Who's studying in HE?
- Where do HE students come from?
- Where do HE students study?
- What do HE students study?
- What are HE students' progression rates and qualifications?
- Contents of releases
- Historical data
- Information on staff, graduates and HE providers
- Widening participation - UK Performance Indicators 2017/18
- Higher Education Student Statistics: UK 2017/18 - Statistical Bulletin
- Higher Education Student Statistics: Alternative Providers, 2016/17 - Statistical First Release
- Custom data and analysis request form
Support and contacts
- Introduction to our data on HE students
- Give us your feedback
- Pre-release access to official statistics
+44 (0) 1242 211 120, [email protected]
+44 (0) 1242 211 494, [email protected]
Can't find the information you want?
Our expert analysts can produce custom data extracts tailored to your needs.