Who's studying in HE?: Personal characteristics
HE Student Data Who's studying in HE?
Breakdown by sex
Why is ethnicity only shown for UK domiciled students?
HESA collects ethnicity data from UK domiciled students only.
Open data licence: CC-BY-4.0
13% of students in 2017/18 were known to have a disability.
HE Student Data pages
- Who's studying in HE?
- Where do HE students come from?
- Where do HE students study?
- What do HE students study?
- What are HE students' progression rates and qualifications?
- Contents of releases
Further data and analysis
- Historical data
- Information on staff, graduates and HE providers
- Widening participation - UK Performance Indicators 2017/18
- Higher Education Student Statistics: UK 2017/18 - Statistical Bulletin
- Higher Education Student Statistics: Alternative Providers, 2016/17 - Statistical First Release
- Custom data and analysis request form
- Application data from UCAS
Support and contacts
- Introduction to our data on HE students
- Give us your feedback
- Pre-release access to official statistics
+44 (0) 1242 211 120, [email protected]
+44 (0) 1242 211 494, [email protected]