Provider profile record 2015/16
This section is an introduction and overview of the C15041 Provider profile record collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the quick start guide, get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C15041.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C15041DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C15041CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data submission template - A template which will allow the generation of an XML structure for data input into it
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Provider profile collection
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Quality rules web page - FAQ - A guide which discusses the process of viewing the quality rules
- Validation overview - A document describing quality checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows Business stage validation to be run locally
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template that can be downloaded from the data collection system, populated with data to be checked at Exception stage
- Check documentation guide - A guide to the check documentation and the checks contained within it
HESA statistical output
We produce a range of statistical outputs for public, academic and commercial use. Our outputs range from free statistics, available via our annual publication introductions and Free stats online web pages where you will find many facts and figures in text, tables and chart formats. More detailed statistics can be obtained from purchasing the full annual publications or via our Bespoke Data Service. heidi is a web-based management information service that provides easy access to a rich source of quantitative data about higher education.