Data Customers: V3 Demand Side
Please note, version 3 pages are still available for your reference, but we have disabled links to avoid confusion: please refer to the Data Futures Resources page for project documents for your consideration.
We have listed the outputs - statutory outputs, validation outputs, etc. from the current collection process, but included some potential new 'targets' for in-year collection.
The table below is derived by assessing the current outputs associated with Student, Alternative Provider (AP) student and Initial Teacher Training (ITT) individualised returns and considering the most appropriate early targets for non-HESA collections/outputs.
Each output is categorised in four ways:
- Who is the primary customer for that output
- What type of output is it
- Funding: output for one or more funding councils
- QA: schema / business rules primarily for the provider
- MI: Enrichment and visualisation of overall data provided so far
- Transactional: service based data linked to external systems
- Whether it is a currently provided output or a future targeted output
- Which segments are required to create the output
We have mapped a number of English, Welsh and Scottish funding council returns as these are being considered as early 'targets' for the new model of in-year collection. The roadmap for the proposed handover from separate collections is part of the wider Data Futures programme, as is consideration of the many other in-year collections identified in the Higher Education Data Information Improvement Programme (HEDIIP) inventory project.
Although this is not the most efficient way to implement the design, it is provided to demonstrate that the current outputs can be both carried over and brought back into the current year. The outputs for providers are likely to change as these will primarily be part of the Quality Assurance: Approach and Quality Assurance: Implementation.