Graduate Outcomes steering group
Open centralisation includes a transparent approach to governance to maintain the confidence of funders and users of the survey, including HE providers.
A key aspect of this approach is the steering group that has been established to advise HESA through the implementation phase of the Graduate Outcomes survey, and into business as usual.
Terms of reference
- Meet approx 2-3 times per year (or as required)
- Steers the development of the survey
- Works to ensure the survey meets the needs of customers by reflecting the views of groups represented
- Provide challenge across all aspects of HESA delivery (fieldwork through to quality assurance, data delivery and Official Statistics outputs)
- Provide HESA with access to expertise and ‘know how’
- Works to promote the survey, including communicating its purpose, strengths, limitations and the appropriate use of the survey outputs.
The steering group reflect the diversity of the UK HE sector. The group includes both HE providers and HESA statutory customers and membership from:
- Across all countries of the UK
- HE providers of different sizes and type of provision
- Different roles within HE providers, including planners and careers advisors.
Individuals on the group are drawing on their own knowledge and experience and that of their employing organisation to provide advice to HESA to support the successful implementation of Graduate Outcomes. Members are advising in the best interests of the HE sector.
Those listed below are members of the steering group (updated May 2022).
|Abigail Woodham / Danielle Fitt / Jade Bird / Sedeek Ameer||Welsh Government|
Angela West / Elizabeth Heal / Emma Mock
Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
|Anna Sherratt||Office for Students|
|Arti Saraswat||Association of Colleges|
|Ben Cooper / Gemma Green||Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services|
|Charlie Ball||HECSU (Jisc)|
|Claire Callendar||UCL Institute of Education and Birkbeck University|
St Mary's University Twickenham
|Ellen Cocking||Open University|
|Maria Josef||Independent HE (IHE)|
|Matthew Andrews||Association of Heads of University Administration / University of Gloucestershire|
|Matthew Bollington||Department for Education|
|Michael MacNeill||Department for Education (Northern Ireland)|
Edinburgh Napier University
London School of Management Education
|Rebecca Rice / Kenny Wilson||Scottish Funding Council|
Members of HESA staff
The steering group is chaired by Jonathan Waller, Director of Data & Innovation.
Meetings are being held 2-3 times a year, although the group is likely to be asked to input via email more regularly. The membership is being kept under regular review.