2012/13 UK Performance Indicators - Employment of GraduatesIndicators for employment of leavers are published today on the HESA website at www.hesa.ac.uk/pis/emp
The full tables show the indicators for every HE institution in the UK alongside their benchmark. Summary tables showing statistics for the whole UK can be found here: www.hesa.ac.uk/pis/summary.
UK domicile full-time first degree leavers - Download the table
Overall, 92.1% of UK domicile full-time first degree leavers were in employment and/or further study six months after graduating.
The statistics are based on the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey of 2012/13 graduates.
Out of 161 UK Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) who conducted the survey, indicators for UK domicile full-time first degree leavers were produced for 154, with an average rate of 92.2% in employment and/or further study. The employment rates for institutions varied from 81.4% to 100.0%.
The majority of institutions saw 90-95% of UK domicile full-time first degree leavers enter employment and/or further study. 25 HEIs achieved an indicator of over 95%. The graph below shows the number of institutions achieving different levels of performance indicator percentage.
The source of these numbers is Table E1a in the UK Performance Indicators for 2012/13, which shows the indicator for each institution and their benchmark. This table, and equivalent ones for part-time graduates and other non-degree undergraduates, can be downloaded from www.hesa.ac.uk/pis/emp.
Notes for Editors
- Press enquiries should be directed to:
HESA Press Officer
- Technical enquiries should be directed to:
HESA UKPI team
- The Guide to UKPIs explains what the Performance Indicators are, and why they are produced.
- Percentage calculations in the UK Performance Indicators are based on leavers who completed the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey. Definitions for the employment indicators can be found here: http://www.hesa.ac.uk/pis/defs#DLHE
- The UKPI tables include a Benchmark for each institution. This is a sector average adjusted for the type of institution in question. The benchmarks are not government targets or quotas. See the Guide to UKPIs for more information, or the Benchmarks page for full technical details.
- The UK Performance Indicators are defined and specified by the UK Performance Indicators Steering Group (UKPISG). Questions about UKPISG should be addressed to the HEFCE Press Office on 0117 9317363.