This section is an introduction and overview of the C14051 Student record collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Data protection guidance - Information about how Data Protection legislation affects the processing of Student data by HESA
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the
quick start guide, get in touch via email at Liaison@hesa.ac.uk, or call 01242 211144.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Reduced returns - Information on the data items required for the reduced returns
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C14051.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C14051DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C14051CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are used by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
UCAS data for HESA transaction
This section contains information about the UCAS data for HESA (*J) transaction, designed to provide HEPs with data originating from UCAS that is to be used in returning
the HESA Student record.
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
HESA statistical output
We produce a range of statistical outputs for public, academic and commercial use. Our outputs range from free statistics, available via our annual publication introductions and Free stats online web pages where you will find many facts and figures in text, tables and chart formats. More detailed statistics can be obtained from purchasing the full annual publications or via our Bespoke Data Service. heidi is a web-based management information service that provides easy access to a rich source of quantitative data about higher education.
Related news items
This section contains news bulletins relating to this record collection.