2013/14 UK Performance Indicators - Employment of Graduates
Indicators for employment of leavers are published today on our website.
The full tables show the indicators for every HE provider in the UK alongside their benchmark. Summary tables showing statistics for the whole UK can be found here.
The statistics are based on the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey of 2013/14 graduates.
UK domicile full-time first degree leavers
Overall, 93.2% of UK domicile full-time first degree leavers were in employment and/or further study six months after graduating. Chart 26 from the Performance Indicators summary shows that the proportion of leavers entering work or study has increased steadily since the current format DLHE survey was introduced for 2011/12 leavers:
Out of 165 UK higher education (HE) providers who conducted the survey, indicators for UK domicile full-time first degree leavers were produced for 152, with an average rate of 93.5% in employment and/or further study. The employment rates for HE providers varied from 85.7% to 100.0%.
The majority of HE providers saw 92-96% of UK domicile full-time first degree leavers enter employment and/or further study. 20 providers achieved an indicator of over 96%. Chart 27 from the Performance Indicators summary shows the number of HE providers achieving different levels of performance indicator percentage:
The source of these numbers is Table E1a in the UK Performance Indicators for 2013/14, which shows the indicator for each HE provider and their benchmark. This table, and equivalent ones for part-time graduates and other non-degree undergraduates, can be downloaded here.
Notes for Editors
- Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Simon Kemp
- HESA Press Officer
- 01242 211120
- [email protected]
- Technical enquiries should be directed to:
- HESA UKPI team
- 01242 211115
- [email protected]
- The Guide to UKPIs explains what the Performance Indicators are, and why they are produced.
- Percentage calculations in the UK Performance Indicators are based on leavers who completed the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey. Definitions for the employment indicators can be found here.
- The UKPI tables include a Benchmark for each HE provider. This is a sector average adjusted for the type of HE provider in question. The benchmarks are not government targets or quotas. See the Guide to UKPIs for more information, or the Benchmarks page for full technical details.
- The UK Performance Indicators are defined and specified by the UK Performance Indicators Steering Group (UKPISG). Questions about UKPISG should be addressed to the HEFCE Press Office on 0117 9317363.