Make your HESA learning more festive!
Our Training team have put their festive thinking hats on (a.k.a. Santa hats) and thought of five things you can do to boost your HESA learning this winter break:
- The average turkey takes three and a half hours to cook, so what can you do while you wait? Complete the HESA Identity System (IDS) and IDS Roles: 2021/22 course and the Introduction to the HE-BCI Record e-learning (gaining 2 CPD hours) and have time to have a good look through last year’s business and community interaction open data to see how important your submission is.
- The pile of presents to be wrapped is likely building up – what can you do in between tying ribbons and writing gift tags? Take a look at the notification of changes for a HESA collection you work on – are you prepared for the next collection?
- While the mulled wine is simmering, watch the Introduction to HESA video in the Introduction to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) e-learning course and learn more about HESA’s aims and gain an oversight of all of our collections.
- At two minutes and two seconds in length, Frank Sinatra’s version of Jingle Bells will allow you just enough time to break out the new 2022 calendar and add in the collection milestones for the HESA collections you work on. Remember to pencil in “dummy deadlines” two weeks before each one to allow yourself contingency time!
- And lastly, in between carol singers knocking on your door, forward the HESA Training update to a colleague or share the link to sign up!
As the last point suggests, sign up to our Training update where you'll receive a monthly newsletter sharing new and upcoming events, useful tips (like the above!) and guidance to ensure you are supported through the whole HESA journey.