HE-BCI collection 2014/15
HE-BCI collection 2014/15
This section is an introduction and overview of the C14032 HE-BCI collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the quick start guide, get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
Guidance for Higher Education - Business Community Interaction (HE-BCI) Survey Part A (14033)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the HE-BCI Survey Part A (14033).
- HE-BCI Survey Part A guidance - Guidance on the questions and options of the HE-BCI Part A questionnaire
- HE-BCI Survey Part A questions and options - Guidance detailing each question and set of options included in the HE-BCI Survey Part A questionnaire
Guidance for Higher Education - Business Community Interaction (HE-BCI) Part B (14032)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the HE-BCI Part B (14032).
- HE-BCI Part B Table 1 - Research related activities - Guidance on submitting collaborative and contract research related funding data
- HE-BCI Part B Table 2 - Business and community services - Guidance on submitting data relating to business and community services
- HE-BCI Part B Table 3 - Regeneration and development programs - Guidance on submitting data relating to regeneration income and activity
- HE-BCI Part B Table 4 - Intellectual property (IP) - Guidance on returning data relating to income from Intellectual property (IP) agreements
- HE-BCI Part B Table 5 - Social, community and cultural engagement - Guidance on returning data relating to designated public events, intended for the external community
This section contains the associated downloadable files to assist in the data collection process.
- C14032 HE-BCI Part B template (xlsx) - The downloadable spreadsheet template for submitting HE-BCI Part B data
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the HE-BCI collection
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template that can be downloaded from the data collection system, populated with data to be checked at Exception stage
- Check documentation guide - A guide to using the check documentation to help with interpreting check documentation
- Known Issues with the C14032 HE-BCI Record - A list of current and closed known issues with the record
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.