Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education record 2013/14
This section is an introduction and overview of the C13018 DLHE record collection.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Fields required for valid response - A list of the fields that are required for a valid response and the fields that are to be asked of third parties
- Data model - Description of the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Description of the physical structure of the record
- C13018.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C13018DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C13018CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Central coding of SIC - Description of the process undertaken in assigning a SIC code
- Changes to the questionnaire - Description of the changes to the questionnaire content between 2011/12 and 2013/14
- Default postcodes - A list of default postcodes that can be used when a precise postcode is not known
- File structures for downloadable files - Area containing details of the file structures of the downloadable files output from the Aardvark system
- Guidance for HEPs - A practical guide on how to undertake the survey and how to achieve accurate responses from leavers
- Online DLHE guidance notes - Description of the Online DLHE survey and acompanying guidance
- Publication categories - Desciption of the planned categories for HESA publications
- SOC 2010 (DLHE) - Description of the Standard Occupational Classification (2010) together with guidance notes
Information specific to the collection
This section contains questionnaires as well as the text for covering letters and emails, to provide HEPs with the necessary tools for undertaking the survey.
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the DLHE collection
- Business rules - Lists the insert stage validation checks
- COMMIT-stage validation - Lists the exception stage validation checks undertaken during a full or test commit
- Validation overview - Description of the validation checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows insert-stage validation to be run locally
- Check documentation - Contains a check documentation functional template
- Check documentation guide - Description of the check documentation and acompanying guidance
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
- Help with the data collection system - Area containing a compilation of user guides, report keys, technical assistance and known issues
Related news items
This section contains news bulletins relating to this record collection.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.