FSR record 2014/15
FSR record 2014/15
This section is an introduction and overview of the C14031 FSR record.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the quick start guide, get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
Guidance for Finance Statistics Return (FSR) tables (14031)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the FSR tables (14031).
- FSR Table 1 - Consolidated income and expenditure account - Guidance on submitting income and expenditure data
- FSR Table 2 - Consolidated statement of recognised gains and losses - Guidance on submitting a statement of recognised gains and losses
- FSR Table 3 - Consolidated balance sheet - Guidance on submitting the consolidated balance sheet, with some added detail
- FSR Table 4 - Consolidated cash flow statement - Guidance on submitting the consolidated cash flow statement
- FSR Tables 5a and 5b - Research grants and contracts - Guidance on submitting data relating to externally sponsored research
- FSR Table 6a - Tuition fees and education contracts - Guidance on submitting data on fee income and education contracts
- FSR Table 6b - Income analysed by source - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the five main income headings
- FSR Table 7 - Expenditure by activity - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the four main expenditure headings
- FSR Table 8 - Capital expenditure - Guidance on submitting the capital expenditure data
- Notes on research income from charities - Guidance for all HEFCE-funded HEPs (and HEPs in Northern Ireland) receiving recurrent funds for research
This section contains the associated downloadable files to assist in the data collection process.
- C14031 FSR template (xlsx) - The downloadable spreadsheet template for submitting FSR data
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the FSR collection
- Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) 2007 - A definition of the recommended accounting practices for UK Further and Higher Education
- Key Financial Indicator (KFI) definitions - A list of definitions for the set of financial ratios extracted from the FSR
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template that can be downloaded from the data collection system, populated with data to be checked at Exception stage
- Check documentation guide - A guide to using the check documentation to help with interpreting check documentation
- Known issues with the C14031 FSR record - A list of current and closed known issues with the record
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.