Finance record 2017/18 - Contents
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data collection schedule - Details the key dates and deadlines for the collection
New to HESA or having problems?
Try the Support guide or get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
Guidance for Finance tables
- Tables 1 to 4 - Guidance related to the consolidated financial statements
- Table 5 - Research grants and contracts - Guidance on submitting data relating to externally sponsored research
- Table 6 - Tuition fees and education contracts - Guidance on submitting data on fee income and education contracts
- Table 7 - Income analysed by source (all providers) - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the main income headings
- Table 7 - Funding body grants (country specific) - Guidance on submitting funding body grants
- Table 8 - Expenditure by activity - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the main expenditure headings
- Table 9 - Capital expenditure - Guidance on submitting capital expenditure data
- Table 10 - Separately disclosed material items - Guidance on submitting material items disclosed separately on the face of the statement of comprehensive income and expenditure
- Table 11 - Head of provider remuneration - Guidance on submitting Remuneration information for serving heads of providers
- Table 12 - Analysis of staff costs - Guidance on submitting a breakdown of staff costs and Remuneration of higher paid staff
- Table 13 - Severance payments - Guidance on submitting compensation and severance payment costs
- Notes on research income from charities - Guidance for all Research England funded HEPs (and HEPs in Northern Ireland) receiving recurrent funds for research
- FE/HE SORP (2015) - A definition of the recommended accounting practices for UK Further and Higher Education for 2015 onwards
- C17031 Finance template (xslx) - A non-interactive copy of the spreadsheet template that can be downloaded for reference (please note that providers should not submit this document, as HESA provides pre-populated versions for providers to submit in the data collection system)
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
- Key Financial Indicator (KFI) definitions - A list of definitions for the set of financial ratios extracted from the Finance record
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.