FSR with HE-BCI survey collection 2013/14
FSR with HE-BCI survey collection 2013/14
This section is an introduction and overview of the C13031 FSR with HE-BCI record.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the quick start guide, get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
Guidance for Finance Statistics Return (FSR) tables (13031)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the FSR tables (13031).
- FSR Table 1 - Consolidated income and expenditure account - Guidance on submitting income and expenditure data
- FSR Table 2 - Consolidated statement of recognised gains and losses - Guidance on submitting a statement of recognised gains and losses
- FSR Table 3 - Consolidated balance sheet - Guidance on submitting the consolidated balance sheet, with some added detail
- FSR Table 4 - Consolidated cash flow statement - Guidance on submitting the consolidated cash flow statement
- FSR Tables 5a and 5b - Research grants and contracts - Guidance on submitting data relating to externally sponsored research
- FSR Table 6a - Tuition fees and education contracts - Guidance on submitting data on fee income and education contracts
- FSR Table 6b - Income analysed by source - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the five main income headings
- FSR Table 7 - Expenditure by activity - Guidance on submitting a further analysis of the four main expenditure headings
- FSR Table 8 - Capital expenditure - Guidance on submitting the capital expenditure data
Guidance for Higher Education - Business Community Interaction (HE-BCI) Survey Part A (13033)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the HE-BCI Survey Part A (13033).
- HE-BCI Survey Part A guidance - Guidance on the questions and options of the HE-BCI Part A questionnaire
- HE-BCI Survey Part A questions and options - Guidance detailing each question and set of options included in the HE-BCI Survey Part A questionnaire
- Changes to the HE-BCI Survey Part A (13033) - Document listing the changes made to the HE-BCI Survey Part A since the 2012/13 collection
Guidance for Higher Education - Business Community Interaction (HE-BCI) Survey Part B (13032)
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information relating to the HE-BCI Survey Part B (13032).
- HE-BCI Survey Table 1 - Research related activities - Guidance on submitting collaborative and contract research related funding data
- HE-BCI Survey Table 2 - Business and community services - Guidance on submitting data relating to business and community services
- HE-BCI Survey Table 3 - Regeneration and development programs - Guidance on submitting data relating to regeneration income and activity
- HE-BCI Survey Table 4 - Intellectual property (IP) - Guidance on returning data relating to income from Intellectual property (IP) agreements
- HE-BCI Survey Table 5 - Social, community and cultural engagement - Guidance on returning data relating to designated public events, intended for the external community
- Changes to the HE-BCI Survey Part B (13032) - Document listing the changes made to the HE-BCI Survey Part B since the 2012/13 collection
This section contains the associated downloadable files to assist in the data collection process.
- 13031 FSR template (xlsx) - The downloadable spreadsheet template for submitting FSR data
- 13032 HE-BCI Survey Part B (xlsx) - The downloadable spreadsheet template for submitting HE-BCI Part B data
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the FSR with HE-BCI collection
- Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) 2007 - A definition of the recommended accounting practices for UK Further and Higher Education
- Key Financial Indicator (KFI) definitions - A list of definitions for the set of financial ratios extracted from the FSR
- COMMIT-stage quality rules - Summary of the COMMIT-stage rule checks undertaken during a full or test commit
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template that can be downloaded from the data collection system, populated with data to be checked at COMMIT-stage
- Check documentation guide - A guide to using the check documentation to help with interpreting check documentation
HESA statistical output
We produce a range of statistical outputs for public, academic and commercial use. Our outputs range from free statistics, available via our annual publication introductions and Free stats online web pages where you will find many facts and figures in text, tables and chart formats. More detailed statistics can be obtained from purchasing the full annual publications or via our Bespoke Data Service. heidi is a web-based management information service that provides easy access to a rich source of quantitative data about higher education.
Related news items
This section contains news bulletins relating to this record collection.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.