Provider Profile record 2015/16
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2015/16 Provider profile collection, from first publication of known changes to the record through to collection closure in June 2016. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual release overviews: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2016-04-28 Coding manual release - version 1.5
The following documentation has been updated and added to the coding manual:
2016-02-08 Coding manual release - version 1.4
2016-02-08 Coding manual release - version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes the following:
- First release of Quality rules as well as the Validation kit which allows you to run quality checks locally.
- Under 'Submission process and quality assurance' section has been included the Data submission template and the Check documentation together with the Check documentation guide.
- Under the 'Data specification' heading you can find the link to 2015/16 Derived field specifications.
As always, the full details of changes may be found in the Revision History document.
2015-11-26 Coding manual release - version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes the following:
- Release of the 'Data collection schedule', added under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' section of the coding manual.
- Any reference to cost centre in the coding manual has been re-named to HESA Cost Centres. This change has been made in order to more clearly identify the definition of cost centre used.
- Further guidance has been added to Campus.EASTING and Campus.NORTHING to clarify that the 'Irish Grid Reference System' and the 'Ordnance Survey National Grid' reference system are two different systems and they are both calculated from different reference points.
Also new for this collection is this page - the Notification Log. This page replaces the previous coding manual 'Release Notes' functionality, highlighting the changes made in each successive documentation release. The Notification Log will also record all communications issued with regard to a particular collection, allowing you to see all key messages in one place. We have implemented it following positive feedback for the concept earlier this summer, and hope you find it useful. Further feedback is welcomed: please contact our Institutional Liaison team via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
As always, the full details of changes in comparison to the 2015/16 record may be found in the Revision history.
2015-06-25 Coding manual release - version 1.0
This release includes the first release of full Table documentation for Provider profile 2015/16.
Changes to the record for this year include the fact any field attributes have been removed from the 'CodeContentType' extension base within the C15041CodeLists.xsd. These have been removed due to limited usage within the higher education sector and the absence of a need for such attributes.
The schema sequence for submitting data items has been reordered as per the File structure document:
- Entities are presented in parent-child order, starting with the 'Provider entity'.
- Fields within entities are presented in the order of primary key fields, candidate key fields, foreign key fields, and non-key fields.
- Child entities then follow.
- Each field or entity within a parent entity is presented in alphabetical order to aid its location.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.