KIS record 2015/16
KIS record 2015/16
This section is an introduction and overview of the C15061 KIS record collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C15061.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C15061DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C15061CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
This section contains the supporting documentation and additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Data requirements for new courses - Identification of data requirements for a new KIS course and how this expands over time
- Field summary by KISTYPE - Summary of fields in the record and how they are influenced by KISTYPE
- Publication arrangements - Overview of the availability and methods of publication of the KIS dataset
- Statement about PSRBs (Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies) and accreditation for the KIS Technical Guidance - Guidance on role and scope of PSRBs and procedure for updating accreditation information
- Year to which fields relate - Summary of the year that the collected field relates
- Accommodation costs - Overview of accommodation cost reporting
- Calculations of assessment and learning and teaching methods - Guidance on the return of assessment proportions
- Fees and support - Guidance on the return of fees information
- Further guidance on URLs - Guidance on the return of URLs and web-page accessibility
- Guidance for joint medical and pharmaceutical schools and other special cases - Guidance for the return of data by these bodies
- Inclusion of NSS and DLHE data - A mapping of how National Student Survey (NSS) and Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) data are included in KIS
- Collaborative provision - Guidance to providers for the return of collaborative/franchised provision
- Accreditation information table - A list of valid accrediting bodies, valid entry ACCTYPES and associated accreditation type text and URLs
- List of KIS Course Aims - A list of valid entries and titles for KIS course qualifications
This section contains information relating to Unistats and supporting documentation from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
- HEFCE KIS website - A link to the Unistats and KIS overview on the HEFCE website
- Unistats widget user guide - A guide to using and embedding the Unistats widget
- Unistats data collection diagram - Illustration of how the milestones of the collections that effect the KIS correlate
- Unistats dataset - Overview of the Unistats dataset on the HESA website
- Unistats output schema - Schema for Unistats output files
- Unistats output file and check documentation definitions - Outlines the Unistats output file and check documentation definitions
- Unistats dataset file structure and description - Describes the file structure of the dataset file
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the KIS collection
- HESA XML data entry tool - A program which will produce XML data in the format required for submission
- How to use the HESA XML data entry tool - Guidance on how to use the XML data entry tool
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Quality rules web page - FAQ - A guide which discusses the process of viewing the quality rules
- Validation overview - A document describing quality checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Unistats validation overview - Summary of quality rule validation checks run at the Unistats stage
- Download validation kit - Link to the downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows business stage validation rules to be run locally
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.