Social, community and cultural engagement
HE providers deliver a range of public events, such as lectures, performance festivals and exhibitions.
This table details the scale of public events delivered by HE providers. The ‘Metric’ filter allows you to view the impact of these events in terms of the number of attendees or the amount of academic staff time. You can also switch between viewing free or chargeable events.
The data on public events includes the following type of activities:
- Public lectures includes attendee and academic staff time associated with lectures that are open to the public.
- Performance arts (music, dance, drama, etc.) includes performances of music, dance, and the dramatic arts.
- Exhibitions (galleries, museums, etc.) includes permanent and temporary exhibitions held at museums and galleries owned by the reporting HE provider.
- Museum education includes all forms of museum education held at museums and galleries owned by the reporting HE provider, including lectures, workshops and children's clubs.
- Other includes alternative public events held by the HE provider, which cannot be categorised above. This can include viewing and listening figures for television and radio programmes produced by HE providers, and downloads from their websites.
HE Provider Data: Business and Community Interaction pages
- Business and community services
- Social, community and cultural engagement
- Intellectual property, start-ups and spin-offs
- Regeneration and development
- Strategies, approaches and infrastructures
- Contents of releases
Support and contacts
- Introduction HE Business and Community Interaction data
- Give us your feedback
- Pre-release access to official statistics
- Sign up for HESA Open data alerts
+44 (0) 1242 211 120, [email protected]
+44 (0) 1242 211 494, [email protected]