Estates management record 2013/14
This section is an introduction and overview of the C13042 Estates management record collection.
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Timetable - An overview of the collection schedule from data capture to publication
New to HESA or having problems?
Don't worry, you are not alone! If you are new to HESA try the
quick start guide, get in touch via email at [email protected], or call 01242 211144.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Provided in PDF format
- Calculated data items - A list of the data items that are automatically calculated in the webform
- Mandatory data items - A list of the data items that are required for a valid return
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Commercial space - Guidance on commercial space
- Gross Internal Area (GIA) and Net Internal Area (NIA) - Guidance on both GIA and NIA, as well as the difference between them
- Nil return sign-off form - The form to be submitted to HESA when the higher education provider will not be returning Estates management record data
- Ratio definitions - A list of the ratios produced by HESA together with a description of how they are calculated
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Business rules - Lists the Quality rules run at the insert stage
- COMMIT-stage rules - Lists the Quality rules run at the exception stage, undertaken during a full or test commit
- Non-functional template - A spreadsheet that can be populated with data prior to submission
- Process diagram - A diagram summarising the process for submitting data to HESA
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
- Help with the data collection system - Area containing a compilation of user guides, report keys, technical assistance and known issues
- Fixed database facility - Details of the process for submitting corrections to submitted data once the collection closes
HESA statistical output
We produce a range of statistical outputs for public, academic and commercial use. Our outputs range from free statistics, available via our annual publication introductions and Free stats online web pages where you will find many facts and figures in text, tables and chart formats. More detailed statistics can be obtained from purchasing the full annual publications or via our Bespoke Data Service. heidi is a web-based management information service that provides easy access to a rich source of quantitative data about higher education.
Related news items
This section contains news bulletins relating to this record collection.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.