Initial Teacher Training record 2020/21
This document summarises all communications associated with the 2020/21 Initial Teacher Training record, starting with the publication of known changes to the record all the way through to collection closure. Please refer to the Revision history document for full technical list of changes to the specifications.
HESA issue regular communications during the life of a collection:
- Circulars: announcements to interested parties concerning or issues relating to the collection. Circulars are always made available on the HESA website for later reference, and emailed out to the mailgroup for the collection.
- Coding manual releases: these document iterative changes to the technical documentation that define the form of the data to be submitted, as well as being a place to host resources associated with collecting that data.
2020-11-02 Coding manual release - Version 1.5
Version 1.5 of the coding manual includes:
- An update to the Further guidance about returning DfE programmes (excluding EYITT).
2020-09-29 Coding manual release - Version 1.4
Version 1.4 of the coding manual includes:
- An update to the Data collection schedule.
2020-09-02 Coding manual release - Version 1.3
Version 1.3 of the coding manual includes:
- A guidance update for Student.ENDDATE
- The link for accessing the Data Collection System has been made available.
2020-08-13 Coding manual release - Version 1.2
Version 1.2 of the coding manual includes:
- Guidance updates for CourseSubject.SBJCA, Student.BURSLEV, Student.INITIATIVES to align with the Initial teacher training bursaries funding manual: 2020 to 2021 academic year,
- The Quality rules and Validation kit have been added under the 'Submission process and quality assurance' section, allowing for quality checks to be carried out locally
2020-07-21 Coding manual release - Version 1.1
Version 1.1 of the coding manual includes:
- Coverage updates for Student.ENDDATE, Student.RSNEND
- First release of the Data collection schedule
- Guidance update for CourseSubject.SBJCA
- Updates to the Coverage of the record and the Introduction
2020-04-16 Coding manual release - Version 1.0
Version 1.0 of the coding manual includes:
- The full technical specification of the record for the 2020/21 reporting period. The schema, field specifications, valid entries, and guidance are all now available
- Guidance updates for Student.INITIATIVES and Student.ITTSCHMS
- New valid entry for Student.QLAIM
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.