“The Data Futures project provides a significant focus point for further enhancing the quality and capability of the higher education data landscape”
Report of the review group on UK higher education sector agencies, Universities UK and GuildHE
Data Futures is HESA’s transformation programme that will deliver the vision for a modernised and more efficient approach to collecting data, to deliver better output for a wider range of data users.
We are working with stakeholders across the sector, to further define these specifications before building, piloting and finally implementing a new live system for the 2019/20 academic year.
- Enable timely data collection and reporting. This means data will be collected in-year and can be released to users more quickly following collection.
- Reduce the burden on data providers. Collection processes will be streamlined, and duplicate collections reduced. We will develop and maintain common data standards.
- Drive improved value for money. We will ensure the maximum value is generated from the data collected through greater core data sharing. Improved information and analytical services will be provided.
- Deliver data that is fit for purpose. Data requirements will be assessed and the value they provide communicated to data providers. Data will be quality assured as it is collected.
- Support changes to data governance across the sector. We will collect data on behalf of other data collectors. This will be facilitated by our work to improve data capabilities across the sector.
Data Futures is working with Civica on the delivery of the Data Futures data collection system; read our press release on the appointment of Civica for more information.