Data Futures: The programme
The Data Futures transformation programme will facilitate in-year data collection, assurance and dissemination of HE data.
A new data collection platform, the HESA Data Platform (HDP) will be developed and integrated with supporting technologies. This will enable the provision of data to Statutory Customers three times a year for data collected for the Student record. In addition, it will deliver a more efficient system for HE providers to submit and quality assure their data leading to operational efficiencies.
The programme, led by HESA and delivered with Jisc will deliver a range of benefits for Statutory Customers, HE Providers, HESA and the HE sector.
Greater data utility
- Timely, high-quality data to support effective regulation and decision-making in relation to the UK HE sector.
- Improved management information for HE providers.
Statutory data efficiencies
- More efficient data return and quality assurance process for HE providers.
- Better alignment of regulatory and statutory data returns through a single model that connects with the increasingly diverse range of administrative business processes in HE providers.
Maintaining data quality
- Ensure appropriate data quality for national statistics products.
- Providing fit for purpose data for regulation and statutory purposes.
There has been a change in emphasis for the Data Futures Programme since its inception including the move from continuous collection to three discrete collections, with a revised data model and new data collection platform.
In working with Jisc as a trusted delivery partner, a new approach to the development of the HDP and Data Futures solution has been undertaken. We are positive about the potential created by the combined resources of our two organisations and look forward to extending our working relationship for the success of the Data Futures programme.
Data Futures operational updates (coding manual releases, resource updates, etc) will now be available via the HESA weekly update. If you are not a HESA operational contact, and would like to receive the weekly update each week you can opt in to receive the newsletter via our sign-up form; you can change your preferences at any time.
If you want to get in contact with someone from our Data Futures team, please email.