Staff record 2013/14
This section is an introduction and overview of the C13025 Staff record collection.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Staff for whom fields are required - A list of the fields that are required for different types of staff
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C13025.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C13025DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C13025CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Clinical academic salary values - A spreadsheet containing the salary values of clinical academic staff
- Coding activities and cost centres - A practical guide on how to allocate and proportion cost centres
- Combined levels - A list that details the combined levels within Contract.LEVELS.
- Cost centres mapping - A mapping of the old HESA cost centres to new HESA cost centres and new HESA cost centres to REF Units of Assessment
- FTE vs FPE - Description of Full Time Equivalent and Full Person Equivalent
- Publication of contextual data to the REF 2014 - Description of the plans for publication of contextual data for the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Single pay spine - A spreadsheet containing pay spine information for academic and support staff
- Statement from HEFCE about academic teaching qualifications - A statement describing HEFCE expectations with regard to the academic teaching qualification field
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Staff collection
- File structures for downloadable files - Area containing details of the file structures of the downloadable files output from the Aardvark system
- Business rules - Lists the insert stage validation checks
- COMMIT-stage validation - Lists the exception stage validation checks undertaken during a full or test commit
- Validation overview - A document describing validation checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows insert-stage validation to be run locally
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
- Help with the data collection system - Area containing a compilation of user guides, report keys, technical assistance and known issues
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template of the check documentation issued during submission
- Check documentation guide - A guide to interpreting the check documentation
- Check documentation definitions and notes - A list of notes and definitions for the fields used in the check documentation
- Fixed database facility - Details of the process for submitting corrections to submitted data once the collection closes
HESA statistical output
We produce a range of statistical outputs for public, academic and commercial use. Our outputs range from free statistics, available via our annual publication introductions and Free stats online web pages where you will find many facts and figures in text, tables and chart formats. More detailed statistics can be obtained from purchasing the full annual publications or via our Bespoke Data Service. heidi is a web-based management information service that provides easy access to a rich source of quantitative data about higher education.
Related news items
This section contains news bulletins relating to this record collection.
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.