Staff record 2014/15
This section is an introduction and overview of the C14025 Staff record collection.
This section contains information about the record specification.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Staff for whom data items are applicable - A list of the data items that are applicable to different types of staff
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C14025.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C14025DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C14025CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis
This section contains additional information to assist in understanding and compiling the return.
- Clinical academic salary values - A spreadsheet containing the salary values of clinical academic staff
- Coding activities and cost centres - A practical guide on how to allocate and proportion cost centres
- Combined levels - A list that details the combined levels within Contract.LEVELS.
- FTE vs FPE - Description of Full Time Equivalent and Full Person Equivalent
- Single pay spine - A spreadsheet containing pay spine information for academic and support staff
Submission process and quality assurance
This section contains information relating to the data submission process together with tools to assist in data quality assurance.
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Staff collection
- File structures for downloadable files - Area containing details of the file structures of the downloadable files output from the Aardvark system
- Business stage quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Exception stage quality rules - Further validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Validation overview - A document describing validation checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows insert-stage validation to be run locally
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
- Check documentation - A spreadsheet template of the check documentation issued during submission
- Check documentation definitions and notes - A list of notes and definitions for the fields used in the check documentation
- Check documentation guide - A guide to interpreting the check documentation
- Fixed database facility - Details of the process for submitting corrections to submitted data once the collection closes
Contact Liaison by email or on 01242 211144.