Staff record 2018/19
- Introduction - Background information relating to the collection
- Data collection schedule - Details of the key dates and deadlines for the Staff collection
- Data protection guidance - Information about how Data Protection legislation affects the processing of Staff data by HESA
New to HESA or having problems?
Visit our page of Support guides or get in touch with Liaison by email at [email protected] or call 01242 211144.
- Coverage of the record - The criteria for the return of data in the record
- Data model - Describes the entities included in the record and the relationship between them
- Data items - Directory of all data items collected, and the guidance surrounding them. Displayed by entity, and sortable for ease of searching
- File structure - Describes the physical structure of the record
- C18025.xsd - Schema for the structure of the XML file
- C18025DataTypes.xsd - Schema for the data types used in the XML file
- C18025CodeLists.xsd - Schema for the valid codes for use in the XML file
- Derived field specifications - Contains the list and specifications of the derived fields applied by HESA. Derived fields are used by HESA to create populations and groupings for analysis.
Submission process and quality assurance
- HESA XML data entry tool - A program which will produce XML data in the format required for submission
- How to use the HESA XML data entry tool - Guidance on how to use the HESA XML data entry tool
- File structures for downloadable files - Area containing details of the file structures of the downloadable files output from the data collection system
- Quality rules - Validation which enforces the quality of the submitted data
- Quality rules web page - FAQ - A guide which discusses the process of viewing the quality rules
- Credibility reporting definitions - A guide to the definitions associated with the credibility report tables
- Validation overview - A document describing validation checks and the various stages when checks are made
- Download validation kit - Contains downloadable validation kit and related help pages. The validation kit allows insert-stage validation to be run locally
- Submit data to HESA - Opening page to login to or register for a user account to access the HESA data collection system
- Fixed database facility - Details of the process for submitting corrections to submitted data once the collection closes
- Download amalgamation tool - A downloadable tool which can merge multiple smaller XML files into one large file for submission
- Clinical academic salary values - A spreadsheet containing the salary values of clinical academic staff
- Coding activities and HESA cost centres - A practical guide on how to allocate and proportion HESA cost centres
- Combined levels - A list that details the combined levels within Contract.LEVELS
- FTE vs FPE - Description of Full Time Equivalent and Full Person Equivalent
- REF mappings to Cost Centres - A mapping document to aid the returning of staff against cost centres and REF
- Single pay spine - A spreadsheet containing pay spine information for academic and support staff
- Template exit survey - Downloadable template designed to assist with the collection of staff leaver information and share good practice.
Contact Liaison by email or on +44 (0)1242 388 531.