Tools, downloads and user guides
All the technical guidance you need to submit data to us can be found in the relevant coding manual.
We also have a substantial Support section on our website which includes a range of useful tools, downloads and user guides.
- Identity system (IDS) user guide
- Minerva data quality database user guide
- Guidance and support with using XML files
- Importing *.csv formatted data into Excel.
Tools and downloads
- XML amalgamator tool (Amal tool): used to amalgamate multiple xml files.
- Validation kits: used to test your data locally before submitting to us.
- HUSID Look-up Service: used to find the HUSID of a student who has previously studied at a UK higher education provider.
- Unistats dataset: the raw dataset which underlies the Unistats website. This includes information from the Key Information Set (KIS).
- XML data entry tool: used to produce XML data in the correct format. This tool is available for some of our streams; where it is available, it can be downloaded from the relevant coding manual.