Social media resources
We know that established social media channels are the quickest and most immediate way to share news and content with audiences. For Graduate Outcomes, this will be a key approach – using your providers’ already established audience of recent graduates and creating an engaging dialogue with them about the survey.
To support you in using your social media channels to promote the survey, we’ve created some additional resources for you to use and personalise.
It's suggested that using images and short animations in your posts will give you more engagement (views, likes, retweets) with your content. We’ve created an engaging suite of videos for use across your communications plans, including our official Graduate Outcomes animated video and our new short videos. These are the perfect resources to share over the year which explain more about the survey.
Survey deadline messages
Due to provider request, we are sharing the short videos used on Graduate Outcomes social channels (@grad_outcomes on Twitter and our LinkedIn profile). These are used to share the relevant survey deadline to encourage graduates yet to complete the survey that time is running out. We have supplied two versions (see below) in *GIF format for use on Twitter / Facebook and *MP4 for LinkedIn (the platform doesn’t accommodate for animated GIFs at this time).
- 'Survey ending soon' - recommended for use from 3 weeks before the end of the survey
- 'Final chance' - recommended for use in the final week of surveying, the final day and final hours
We have provided the full suite of GIFs / MP4s for the entire 18/19 collection (by cohort, version and format) in English and Welsh. You can also find some sample social posts below.
Make the most of your social media account real estate by using the header image space at the top of your page. This area captures attention of followers and allows you to share information about a campaign that stays there for a fixed period (until you change it!).
To help you make the most of this, we’ve created generic header images for Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
We are making these available in *.ai and *.png format, to allow you to customise them regardless of the software you have access to. Original artwork in Adobe Illustrator *ai format is included in these zip files, should you wish to develop your own concepts. Each design is available in both English and Welsh, with a plain or graphic background and in all three colours in the palette.
Example 1: Twitter header, salmon, graphic
Example 2: Facebook header, cool blue, plain
Example 3: LinkedIn header, dark blue, graphic
Use images with your social posts to shine the spotlight on your content! We’ve already shared a number of graphics you can use and adapt for social media on our promotional materials page.
We will be sharing lots of engaging social content from our Graduate Outcomes Twitter and LinkedIn accounts so either retweet or quote tweet these from your accounts or save the images and post them yourself! Another reason to ensure you’re following our accounts.
We’ve created a range of Twitter templates to support you in promoting the dedicated Graduate Outcomes website.
Example speech bubble (available in three colours)
Example Graduate Outcomes website promotional images
We've also supplied some additional images that can be used to convey some of the key messages and to be used to promote the survey to new graduates. You could use these on your social channels around graduation ceremony time?
Example key messages images
Example 'new graduate' images
Encourage social sharing
We know the influence peers have on each other – especially on social media. To encourage graduates to share their support for the survey, we’ve created a set of simple social share images telling others they’ve taken the survey.
The idea is, graduates will share these images on their favourite social media channels to help us get the message out. These images are also on the Graduate Outcomes website which is designed for graduates and we’ll be encouraging their use on our social channel – but you can do the same!
Instruction: Simply save the image, choose your channel, upload it and include #graduateoutcomes and / or mention us @grad_outcomes in your message.
We have created identical images in English and Welsh for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. We want these to be consistent for brand awareness we have only included *png files (not original artwork files).
Example: Instagram image
We’ve created some sample tweets to support your own activity. Simply personalise them in the suggested places and adapt them for other platforms.
- The #GraduateOutcomes survey is the UK’s biggest annual social survey. Recent [provider handle] graduates will be invited to join in 15 months after completing their studies. Find out when you’ll be surveyed » [www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk or link to your own webpage] #highereducation @grad_outcomes
- Your #graduate voice counts by taking the #GraduateOutcomes survey. Your responses help us to improve and promote our courses. Find out when you’ll be surveyed » [www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk or link to your own webpage] #highereducation #employability @grad_outcomes
- What does #GraduateSuccess mean to you? #Employment? Further study? Using your skills? Understanding this is the aim of the #GraduateOutcomes survey. What’s your view? Find out more » [www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk or link to your own webpage] @grad_outcomes
- Calling recent [provider handle] graduates! 15 months after you complete your course with us, you’ll receive the #GraduateOutcomes survey via email. Be part of the picture of education today. Find out more » [www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk or link to your own webpage]
For in-cohort graduates:
- Did you graduate from [provider handle] between [insert relevant months e.g. May - July 2018]? You’ve been sent the #GraduateOutcomes survey via email - it aims to understand your perspectives & your current status. Find out more » [www.graduateoutcomes.ac.uk or link to your own webpage] @grad_outcomes
- The #GraduateOutcomes survey is live! Did you complete your #highereducation course between [insert relevant months]? Find out more about the survey here » https://youtu.be/TotfFOlCtYo
- The #GraduateOutcomes survey is live! #graduates who completed a #highereducation course between [insert relevant months] will have received an email to the online survey. Check your inboxes and find out more » graduateoutcomes.ac.uk
- Employment? Further study? Travelling? What have you been up to since your time in #highereducation? Complete the #GraduateOutcomes survey if you completed your course between [insert relevant months]! Find out more » graduateoutcomes.ac.uk
Use our short videos:
They have been created to be uploaded directly into your social channel which means they will ‘autoplay’ in the recipients’ feed, making it more eye-catching and engaging. Simply download the MP4 and then upload it into your social platform with your message. We've provided sample messages for each video:
- Taking the #GraduateOutcomes survey gives you the power to influence #highereducation! Find out why you should take part here » [Add: How will taking the survey benefit me?]
- Completing the #GraduateOutcomes survey is easy! How will you complete yours? Find out more » [Add: How will I be surveyed?]
- Not sure when you'll receive your #GraduateOutcomes survey? Watch our short video to find out » [Add: When will I be surveyed?]
- Check out our #shortvideo to find out what #GraduateOutcomes is in under 30 seconds » [Add: What is Graduate Outcomes?] #highereducation #graduates #survey
- Not sure what you'll get asked in the #GraduateOutcomes survey? Find out here » [Add: What will you ask me in the survey?]
Encouraging final completions:
- If you're a graduate who completed a #highereducation course between [insert relevant months e.g. May - July 2018], you've not got long to complete the #GraduateOutcomes survey! Check your inbox & take part! Find out more » graduateoutcomes.ac.uk [Add: survey deadline video 'survey ending soon'?]
- It's the last week of the #GraduateOutcomes survey! If you completed your course between [insert relevant months e.g. May - July 2018], tell us about your life after #highereducation. Check your inbox or find out more » graduateoutcomes.ac.uk [Add: survey deadline video 'final chance'?]
- Only [insert number of days] days left to complete the #GraduateOutcomes survey if you completed a HE course between [insert relevant months e.g. May - July 2018]. What have you been up to since #graduation? Check your inbox and take part today! Find out more » graduateoutcomes.ac.uk