Our project mandate document provides the background and requirements for the major review to the collection:
HESA review of transnational higher education data: Project Mandate (pdf)
AOR review group
The purpose of the review group is to:
- To review the collection of the UK’s Transnational Higher Education data from higher education providers, working with institutions, data users and HESA colleagues in particular.
- To consult with the sector on proposals for change.
- To make recommendations for change and implement updates ready for 2025/26.
- The review should seek to answer the following questions:
- What are the main intended uses of more detailed TNE data? What published form(s) should it take?
- What measures should we take to reduce or avoid duplication between the AOR and other data collections about TNE?
- What data do we now require about TNE and is there sufficient justification for collecting it?
- What concepts (if any) need to be developed to help make better sense of TNE?
- What is the most appropriate collection mechanism for the required data?
- What are the benefits and obstacles of an individualised approach to collecting TNE data?
Membership will be:
- Collections Development Manager (will act as Chair)
- Collections Development Analyst
- Department for Education
- Department for the Economy, Northern Ireland
- General Medical Council
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
- Office for Students
- Scottish Funding Council
- Scottish Government
- Welsh Government
- Other attendees to be invited on a as necessary basis